Southern QA have been involved in numerious projects involving a huge variety of inspections. Below are some of the projects Southern QA have been proud to be a part of.
Inspection of Petro-chemical installations
This includes pipelines and storage tanks for various clients and installations
Recent projects include:
- New tank installations, McMurdo Station Antarctica (client Raytheon Polar Services)
- Lyttelton tank farm redevelopment (clients Acme Eng, Ewing Construction)
- Lyttelton pipelines RT and thickness assessment (Clients Acme Eng, Orica etc)
Inspection of boiler and pressure vessel manufacturing
This includes Radiography, ultrasonic testing and MT/PT inspections to British/European, American, Australian and New Zealand Standards, and final inspection by non-destructive methods.
Typical work includes:
- Boilers and pressure vessels for Scotts Engineering Ltd
- Lyttelton Engineering Ltd
- Other boiler and pressure vessels manufacturers.
Non destructive testing Hydro-electric generation equipment
This includes bearings, bolts, thrust bracket, shafts, rotors, runners, scroll casings etc
Current projects include:
- Manapouri half-life refurbishment project – Client Transfield E & T Ltd
- Roxburgh Refurbishment – Client TGE Pty Ltd
Previous projects include:
- Inspection of gate structure at Pukaki and Aviemore Dams
- Welding supervision and inspection of penstock and scroll repairs, Ohau A, Tekapo A, Manapouri.
Third party inspection of manufactured and export items
Current and recent projects include:
- Export shipments of scrap metal
- Manufacture and export of telecommunications cables
- Manufacture and export of coal handling equipment
All the above work is covered by our scope of accreditation provided by IANZ.